top of page
  • Do I qualify If You Participate in Certain Government Assistance Programs Such As SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, or Other Programs?
    Federal Assistance Programs You are eligible for the ACP if you (or someone in your household) participate in one of these programs: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps Medicaid Your Medicaid eligibility may be up for renewal. Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) (including Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program (Section 8 Vouchers), Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/202/811, Public Housing, and Affordable Housing Programs for American Indians, Alaska Natives or Native Hawaiians) Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year You may need to show a card, letter, or official document as proof that you participate in one of these programs when you apply for the ACP. Tribal Assistance Programs If you live on qualifying Tribal lands, you are eligible for the ACP if your household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if you (or someone in your household) participate in: Any of the federal assistance programs listed above Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard) Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF) Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations You may have to show proof of participation, like a benefit letter or official document, when you apply for the ACP. Learn more about the Tribal Benefit. Qualify Through Your Child or Dependent Any member of your household can make your household eligible if they participate in one of the programs above. For example, if your child or dependent participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or is enrolled in a USDA Community Eligibility Provision school, your household qualifies for the ACP benefit.
  • Do I qualify based on my household income?
    Based on your household income Only one monthly service discount and one connected device discount is allowed per household. A household is a group of people who live together and share money even if they are not related to each other. If you live together and share money, you are one household. If you either don’t live together or you don’t share money, you are two or more households. You may have to answer questions about your household when you apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). One Household Examples A married couple who live together must share one ACP benefit A parent/guardian and child who live together must share one ACP benefit An adult who lives with friends or family who provide financial support must share one ACP benefit Multiple Household Examples 4 roommates who live together but do not share money are 4 separate households. All 4 can receive the ACP. 30 seniors who live in an assisted-living home but do not share money are 30 separate households. All 30 can receive the ACP. A student who receives a Federal Pell Grant and lives alone is a different household than his or her parents. Both the student and their parents are separate households and can receive their own benefits. If you or your child or dependent participate in certain government assistance programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, or other programs If you or anyone in your household already receives a Lifeline benefit Note: You may qualify for the ACP through a participating provider’s existing low-income program.
  • How do I apply
    1. After you may complete the form at the bottom on the homepage of our website at one of our agents will contact you. 2. You may apply at any of our hot spot locations or at any upcoming events we are featured in. 3. You may schedule an appointment to visit our headquarters in Southfield Michigan by clicking Service, then Book Online from the website menu bar. If you have any questions or concerns send us a message on the contact page or contact us.
  • Are the phones and tablets 100% free?
    YES, however, participants are subject to a one-time contribution of $23. Required by the ACP.
  • How do I pay the one-time contribution
    Cash, Credit Card, Cash App, Apple Pay, and Venmo are all forms accepted. Each location or field agent is subject to use one or more of the methods listed above.
bottom of page